Apply now to participate in 2017 Alternative Spring Break (ASB)! Challenge yourself and expand your knowledge of the world with other Lasell students, staff and alumni. This year, ASB will have three Lasell alumni participate in this life-changing experience. Previous ASB experience is not required, and this trip is open to graduates of 2006-2016.
If you have any questions or need more information, please don't hesitate to contact Kelsey Brogna, Associate Director of Development and Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-243-2467.
When: March 10-March 15, 2017
Location: Roanoke, VA
Site: Apple Ridge Farms
Theme: Education. Service youth of under-served communities. Service through agriculture/outdoor experiences
Possible Activities Include:
- Farming and Gardening Projects
- After School Activities with Local School Students
- Mission and Growth Consulting and Outreach
- And More
Cost: $100 (Includes lodging, meals, transportation and service site)
Deadline: Applications are due December 16, 2016 with interviews beginning shortly after.
Participants: 1 staff member, 1 student leader, 1 alumni leader, 5 additional student participants, and 3 additional alumni participants.
Expectations and Requirements:
- All participants will fundraise prior to the trip to help contribute to the costs of the trip.
- All participants, regardless of age, will be committed to the mission of the CCBL in that ASB's are drug and alcohol free experiences.
- In addition to the service work, each night will consist of reflections and group activities.
- Commit to meetings/some form of communication with the entire group leading up to the trip.